DATE: Friday, March 30, 2018
TIME: 2 pm – 3 pm
This year, Run BIG! will kick off at RLS at 2 pm and conclude at 3 pm. The plan for the hour is as follows:
- RLS students will run to St. Helena Elementary School, and then together RLS and SHES students will take a lap on Carpy Field before continuing on to St. Helena Primary School.
- Between 2:20 and 2:30, RLS, SHES, and SHPS students will gather on the SHPS field for another lap and then as a group, will make their way to the high school track for a BIG finish! The 400+ student body of St. Helena High School will be on hand to welcome the younger grades with music, balloons, and more as they make their way around the track for one last victory lap! Parents, teacher, administrators, and community members are invited to join in the BIG Finish celebration.
- Beginning at approximately 2:40 pm, SHPS and SHES students will walk back to SHPS for pick up. Buses will be there to take kids to the Boys & Girls Club and other routes as regularly planned. Parents will receive instructions on where to meet children not taking the bus. Dismissal is at 3 pm.
- RLS and SHHS will also be dismissed at 3 pm from SHHS. Parents, stay tuned for student pick up information.
- Kindergarten is usually dismissed at 1:50 pm, but students are encouraged to stay for Run BIG! (this is optional).
- More information and permission slips will be sent home by each school.
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer before, during, and after the event – a sign up genius is coming soon.
- Family and community members are welcome to line the route, or join us for the BIG finish.
RUN BIG! 2016 was featured in St. Helena Star.